HELP US TO HELP YOU
Things you need to do to find the right job:
- Analyse your skills, do you need further training?
- What do you do well?
- What skills do you look forward to using in the workplace?
- Develop a personal wish list of the elements in your ideal job.
- Research before your job search. Try and talk to people in the sectors that interest you.
- Find people who love what they do and who can tell you what a career feels like from the inside.
- Get your message right. Learn how to present what you are and what you do in focused statements.
- Be ready to summarise your skills and know-how quickly.
To help you get the right job, we will offer you:
- 1:1 coaching, help and support with job searching, CV drafting, interview preparation and basic IT skills to support your job searching successfully.
- Laptops with printing facilities are available for you to use.
- All provided by our team of trained dedicated volunteer coaches whose aim is to help you, using tried and tested coaching materials and techniques.